Vegan Cheesy Mexican Tortilla Bake

You are not going to believe how cheesy this tortilla bake is! There is no cheese in this bake and it has the most incredible flavor! Using layers of a “cheese sauce,” corn tortillas, black beans, and corn, this bake comes together in no time at all!

The cheese sauce is made from raw cashews (soaked overnight), salsa, dairy-free yogurt, water, paprika, cumin, and salt. I used coconut milk yogurt and it worked really well. I did use about 100g of yogurt rather than the 180g that the recipe called for because I liked the consistency of the sauce. The consistency will depend on the type of salsa used and the type of yogurt used in the sauce. I blended all of these ingredients together and then started layering the casserole. I made a layer of cheese sauce, corn tortilla pieces, black beans, corn, and salsa. I repeated this combination, but I did not do a second layer of salsa like the recipe suggests.

When this came out of the oven, I served it topped with green onions, cilantro, salsa, and crushed corn tortilla chips. I loved the addition of the crunch, the additional texture, and the additional flavor from the herbs.


      

Original link here! 

Comments

Popular Posts