Sunny Anderson’s Crunchy Sweet Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad (Vegetable Side Dish)

Another day, another recipe from a magazine. This one comes from the Food Network magazine. I decided to make a few modifications to this salad to use some of the ingredients that I had left in my home. This recipe calls for walnuts and cranberries, but I substituted slivered almonds and currants, respectively.

I first started by washing, drying, and shredding one pound of Brussel sprouts. Then, I heated about two tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. I added the brussels sprouts, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. I continuously stirred the brussels sprouts for about 3 minutes before removing them from the heat. I transferred the brussels sprouts to a medium bowl. I added the almonds and currants. I also stirred in some lemon juice with more salt and pepper to taste. I let it cool and served it cold.

This is slightly different from Sunny Anderson’s original version, but I kept the base recipe and modified it for my liking. I was happy with how it turned out and I would make this as a vegetable side for dinner any day!

Comments

Popular Posts