Roasted Carrot and Beet Salad with Cumin and Pistachios (From The Complete Plant Based Cookbook by America’s Test Kitchen)

Roasted carrots and beets are a great addition to any dinner table! This salad is best served as a vegetable side rather than a “salad.” This dish is simple and only calls for a handful of ingredients. 

When I was making this salad, I learned the most incredible life hack. I started by washing and trimming my beets. I wrapped the whole beet in tinfoil and placed it in the oven to roast for about 35 minutes. I opened the foil when they came out of the oven and let them rest until they were cool enough to handle. I used a paper towel and just rubbed off the skin! This was so much easier than peeling the beets! I, then, chopped the beets and they were ready to be added to the salad.

In addition to roasting the beets, I roasted carrots and prepared a dressing. I whisked together lemon juice, shallot, agave syrup, and cumin. I mixed in the roasted veggies and let it cool for about 20 minutes (until it was about room temperature). Then, I mixed in pistachios and parsley. I seasoned it with salt and pepper and served.


Comments

Popular Posts