Brown Rice Burrito Bowl (Recipe #18)

There is nothing like a quick and easy dinner that turns out delicious! This brown rice bowl was filling and flavorful! Another perk is that it did not involve a lot of dishes.

I layered the bowl with brown rice, black beans with sauteed onions, corn, and poblano peppers. I prepared a sauce of oil, lime juice, and spices to mix into the brown rice. I also prepared a creamy chipotle sauce to drizzle over the top of the prepared bowls. I bought tortilla chips and salsa to the table to add to our bowls as we wanted. I like a family style dinner where one can pick and choose what they want to eat in whatever quantity they would like.

While I was eating this bowl, it reminded me of Moe’s. For those who are unfamiliar, Moe’s is advertised as a Mexican restaurant and Tex Mex grill. They have options that range from burritos and tacos to salads and bowls. There are a lot of options to choose from when you go to Moe’s. They have a couple different rice options, beans, sauteed vegetables, fresh vegetables, and a few pickled items. There are also a variety of sauces including a chipotle ranch sauce. This bowl felt very similar to the food that I would order from Moe’s.

After we were done eating, Jacob said that he really enjoyed the meal and he was looking forward to the leftovers. These are the comments that make cooking worth it!



Taste: 10/10

Level of difficulty: 1/5--Quick and easy!

Notes for next time: Maybe we could include fresh veggies like tomatoes and lettuce.



Comments

Popular Posts