Fried Rice with Spam and Pineapple (Includes Vegan Substitute Ideas)

Fried rice is the perfect thing to make with leftover rice or just when you are reaching for something different! My husband brought up the idea of making fried rice with spam and pineapple so we gave it a go!

I started by making 1 cup of rice and letting it cool. I also cooked half a bag of frozen peas and carrots. While the rice was cooking, I started sautéing one finely diced onion in a large skillet with about 2 tbsp of oil. Then, I added one can of diced spam to the pan and let that fry until it got crispy. I followed that with about 3 minced cloves of garlic and 1 tbsp of grated ginger. I also added about half a can of crushed pineapple drained of the juice. I stirred in the rice. I made a whole in the center of the pan and added two scrambled eggs. I let it start to cook before scrambling the eggs into the whole dish. I also added a few dashes of soy sauce. I topped the dish with green onions.

This combination was just delicious! I think it would be great with tempeh or tofu in place of the spam. This would also be great with cabbage, asparagus, or broccoli! The options are endless when it comes to fried rice! If you have a favorite combination for fried rice, let me know! I would love to try it.


Comments

Popular Posts